Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Constitution Day

Happy Constitution Day! The US Constitution is 211 years old today.

Celebrate by reading it.

And then, if you're feeling ambitious, go use your Google skills (gills) and read about the Patriot Act and the Military Commissions Act and some other fun legislation that's been passed under Bush. Then look at this picture:

Not that this picture inherently means the two men agree on the issues. But they do. And those policies have been destroying our country for the past 8 years.

Anyway, enough preaching for now. I had another interview this morning, at a domestic violence shelter in Blaine. Much closer to Larissa's house than my own, but I could make it work if I became employed there, which I hope I do. The interview went well, and they are hiring for two different jobs, a Receptionist and an Administrative Assistant. And maybe even a third job that doesn't have a name yet. We shall see how things go, in any case.

Larissa is off working at the OC right now, she had to leave right after I got back from my 'view. As we crossed paths, she pointed out that our dumb cats were playing in the sinks in the basement. You know those big sinks that go by the washer and dryer? There is a double sink like that in this house, and there was one cat in each sink, and they must have been able to see each others' paws through the connected drain holes, because they were batting at each other through them. I don't mean it though, when I say they are dumb. Even though they kind of are. But they're just being cats. Awesome cats.

So Jimmy is leaving Normandale right now and driving up here so we can go to Old Chicago and have Larissa bring us some Oktoberfest Mini-Tour beers. I've already done 4 out of 10 and I have until the end of the month, so I'm doing pretty well. Lots of delicious beers, too.

It's over!!

2 comments:

Jesse said...

it's over! you win, sir.

good luck on all your interviews, it'd be good to hear about you getting a job here soon. not having one sucks ass

Patrick Sharkey said...

sounds like things are good man. lets get together again soon. what say you?

-pat