Friday, August 15, 2008

The Bob Loblaw Law Blog

You sir, are a mouthful. Has anyone made that joke on a blog before? I bet not. I bet I am the first one ever. I wouldn't know though honestly, I don't really read blogs, I just writes 'em, bitches.

So, today has been somewhat eventful. Blogworthy at least. I had to wake up early (early for me, 8:30am) to go to a 1-day temp job at Boston Scientific in Plymouth. I figured if I do this 1-day job, maybe the ProStaff lady will be more likely to give me more/better/longer jobs in the future. A mutual backscratching type of situation. Anyway, I arrive in Plymouth at 10am and spent about 4 hours moving t-shirts around. Like thousands of t-shirts. Every year Boston Scientific designates a day when all of their employees can get really cheap tickets to the state fair, and then people who go on that day can get t-shirts for themselves and their families. And Boston Scientific is a gigantic corporation, so there end up being thousands of t-shirts that need to each get to the right people. Long story not so short, four women and I totally made that happen today.

So I finished up with that at almost 2pm, and then I met Larissa along with Brittany Parker and Dan Bigwood at Brit's Pub in Minneapolis. Which is a pretty cool place. Right when I got there the waitress had this lemonade but no one at our table had ordered one, so she said "Do you want lemonade?" and I said "Yep." So I got it. I don't think anyone remembered to check whether or not she charged us for it, but I don't even care, that was an awesome exchange. Plus I didn't have to wait for a drink for ten minutes, like everything else that happened with that server.

So now I am at Larissa's, she is off at work, and a little while ago I got a call from the University of MN Childcare saying they want to interview me for a job! Hooraaay! I would really like that job. It's a receptionist type of deal. Good pay, good benefits, right in the city so maybe I can move out of my parents' house someday. And taking care of kids is a cause I can get behind, and so is education, and I would be working for a University, so other than being there at 7am every day I really don't see the downside. Anyway wish me luck on my interview, it's in like a week and a half. I also will probably have an interview next week to do Data Analysis at Supervalu, but that's not set up yet.

There is a kitten sleeping on my leg right now... what a wonderful thing. I am glad that our kittens show their love for us, sleeping with us and rubbing up against us, following us around, et cetera. I hope they don't grow out of that. They're so great.

One of our little mousers, Gatsby, died about a week ago. Poor little guy. He hadn't been doing very well and had pretty much stopped eating so I knew it was coming, but it is still sad to lose a little friend. At the same time I am kind of happy, because I'm glad he is not having to suffer or anything. I miss the little bugger though. His brother Percy is still doing well- since they lived in separate abodes their whole lives they didn't really even know each other very well.

Soo this weekend is Larissa and Mark Duluth weekend! Larkuth. That's Larissa-Mark-Duluth. Anyway I am looking forward to it, we will have a lot of fun seeing people and plays and chilling with Berg Bergstein. Also I will be finishing up the whole AmeriCorps thing; giving back my laptop and office keys, cleaning out my desk and taking stuff off the walls. I think that's all I have to do, really. I spent a few hours in the past couple of days messing with my work laptop and trying to get it back to the approximate state in which I received it. The only problem with that plan is that I accidentally uninstalled some weird things (Internet Explorer, Paint, Calculator, Volume Control) a while back and now there are open-source replacements for all of them on there instead (Firefox, Paint.net, Moffsoft FreeCalc, GONG!). In fairness though, Firefox is an obvious improvement over IE, Paint.net is way way better than stupid crappy MS Paint, and I actually like that Calculator program better than the usual one too because I shows your past calculations in a little window on the side so you don't forget what you're doing. The only one that isn't really better is GONG!, but it is basically exactly the same. It sits in the toolbar and when you click on it you can change the system volume. Not much to it really.

My past year or so of bloglessness seems to have revived my past habit of ramblogging. Rambling in blog form. So I am going to shut my fingers up now. Peace.

2 comments:

LARISSA said...

LONG. But I liked it! I am so excited for this weekend too!!!

Katie said...

It will be great to see you guys!
R.I.P. to poor Gatby (sometimes lovingly called Fatsby). He will be missed. ::Cue Snoopy-on-doghouse music::