Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Interviews...

I have some interviews! That is exciting for me. Hopefully I will, you know, get a job or something. I have an interview at Children's Theatre Company to be a Development Assistant, that one is on Thursday. I have another interview at the U of M to be a receptionist in the Child Care Center, that one is next Tuesday, a week from today. Then I might also have one tomorrow for a ProStaff job at SuperValu in Chan, but that is still not set up... if they get things figured out, I might have that interview tomorrow. It feels really good to be getting all of these nibbles (my resume is a fish hook in this metaphor) but I just really hope I actually can "reel in" a job. The metaphor has to stop there though, because I don't know what all of the gutting and cleaning would entail, and those are the kinds of questions I don't want to ask myself at this time.

We took the kittens to the vet this morning so they won't need any more shots for a while. Apparently they are doing very well, so we're happy to hear that. They've been sleeping in the kitchen since we got back a few hours ago. I took some pictures. I will have to put some kitten pictures on here sometime soon, but not now, because I am trying to keep all of my photos on my desktop PC. Soon though.

Berg Bergquist let me do some rock climbing at VE this weekend and now I have aspirations of becoming a professional rock climber. What, too soon? No, but I really do enjoy doing that. It's a lot of fun. I may have to look into it further once I have some steady employment and I might be able to afford a membership somewhere. We'll see about that.

I also finished up with my AmeriCorps job this weekend. Well all but finished anyway, I have to log about 4.5 more hours before the end of this month. I think I should be able to handle that. It's nice to have it all wrapped up, except that it means I am going to stop receiving paychecks and having health insurance, and I'll have to start paying for my student loans. Crap. I really hope I get one of these jobs. Wish me luck!

Do it.

(Edit: That ProStaff/SuperValu interview fell through, but the other two are still happening. In other news, it's like 4 hours later and the kittens have pretty much been sleeping non-stop. I think the "vaccinations" the vet gave them were actually just NyQuil. Intravenous Kitten NyQuil.)

3 comments:

Liz said...

Hi Mark. I somehow found your blog. Good luck on the job interviews. The one at the Children's Theater sounds the coolest to me!
I was thinking about getting a kitten, so you should post some pictures and write about them more!

Katie said...

Good luck on your interviews!!! I will be jealous if you get the CTC one, I love them there. Or if you don't get that we could be rock climbing hobos together. Either one works.
PS It was really good to see you this weekend...

Jesse said...

ah, the spark of a new rock climber's interest being piqued. always a good thing. come climb with me sometime! also, good luck on the jobs, unemployment can really suck.