Monday, August 25, 2008

Fair

'Twas the best fair day ever! We had a really fun day today. Here is what we consumed, in approximate chronological order:
  • Pronto pups
  • Garlic fries
  • Fresh squeezed lemonade
  • Mini donuts
  • Chicken quesadilla
  • Root beer
  • Pepperoni pizza
  • Beef briquette sandwich (I mostly ate that myself)
  • Cheesy garlic bread with sauce
  • Fruit smoothie
I might be forgetting something but I think that's about it. What a delicious day. We also went on some midway rides, went to the art building and the "eco progress" building among others, rode the space tower and the sky ride (or whatever the dangly feet one is called) and looked at lots of animals. I petted a sheep's nose. The only bad thing that happened was that the building with all the rabbits was closed for the day, and that also happened last year on the day I went to the fair. I never get to see the damn bunnies. Big picture though... it was a really great day and I had a lot of fun and I think Larissa did too, except for allergies and sore legs. I had sore legs too but I am so manly I hardly even noticed. Haha... it's true though. I am hardcore.

The other thing I am happy about from today is that we used a bunch of coupons, so even though we spent a lot of money, I also kind of feel like we saved a lot of money. The only alternative would have been to eat less food at the state fair... and seriously, screw that.

Soo I have my interview tomorrow at the U of M Child Care, and I really hope that goes well. It is a 2-hour long interview! I am a bit nervous. I will be doing some "tasks" for an hour, whatever tasks they think I should be able to do, and then for the second hour they will be asking me questions and whatnot. It's a little bit daunting but I'm sure it will go alright, and at least it's not until 1pm so I can get some sleep tonight.

Speaking of that, I should prepare a bit and make sure I have directions. All that jazz. Wish me luck!

3 comments:

LARISSA said...

It was the best fair day! I had so much fun. I am so glad that you did too! I hope your interview goes really great. Love you!

Jesse said...

beef briquette, or brisket? it sounds like a briquette would be charcoally

Katie said...

I wish I could have had a Fair food eating contest with you.